Friday, January 26, 2007

Taste and see


Last week, I had the opportunity to be with people from Marquette's Lutheran Campus Ministry at an event called TASTE. We met at a coffee shop. Some ate brownies, some shared conversation, some did art, some formed a plan for another event, some meditated on scripture in a room filled with candles.

Words from God like these:
"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost." Isaiah 55
"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?" Psalm 42
"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63
"Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst... for the Lamb will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7

A blog by and for the young adults of the Greater Milwaukee Synod connected to these kind of post-modern worship events is http://thirst4.blogspot.com/index.html

What are you tasting in life right now?
For what do you thirst?
Pastor Joy

No comments: