Sunday, March 11, 2007

Thirsty

O God, eagerly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you. - Psalm 63:1

Every morning during this dry season, I wake up... parched. The first thing I do after rolling out of bed is make my way to the kitchen and drink water. Just as my body cries out for water after the night's fast, my soul is thirsty this Lent.

I read this today - Jesus is our rock, our water, our food, our drink.
I heard this today - sing out, o barren one, sing and cry out loud.
I sang this week - Jesus is a rock in a weary land, a shelter in a time of storm.

When we are thirsty, it is reassuring that before we even know we need it, the living water of Christ is being poured out. What are you thirsting for? How does this help you know where you are being called by God today?

Pastor Joy

No comments: